mercredi 7 août 2013

moving, saying, seeing

To my sweet 10 month old OBaby,What a fun age you are. What a fun age. I am so glad I feel like myself again and can really enjoy you because there is just so much to enjoy.Your independence skyrocketed this month and you are now happy to crawl out of the room I am in (and go pull everything off of the shelves in your room). You are absolutely elated at your ease of getting around. If I were able to bend over for that long, you would walk around the house holding my fingers from sun up to sun down. You love to move. Sometimes I’ll hear the pat-pat-pat of your hands on the floor as you’re crawling interspersed with laughter.Pat-pat-pat squeal. Pat-pat-pat squeal.What a wonderful sound track you add to our home.You have also started saying Dada. I don’t think you associate a meaning with it yet (mostly because whenever I say “Mama” to you, you look at me, smile, and say “Dada”) but it still lights up your Daddy’s face. Actually, just you being you lights up your Daddy’s face. He loves to wrestle with you as you climb all over him. The two of you could spend hours being creative with everyday objects in ways I never could. You are such good play buddies and I love to watch you together.You have an insatiable curiosity and it has been a joy to notice all the little things with you. You show me things I wouldn’t otherwise see (like the little holes in the sidewalk that you like to stick your fingers in). You particularly enjoy emptying the baking dish and tupperware cupboards in the kitchen.More than the holes in the sidewalk, you have shown me the Unseen, too. I had a rough start to this parenting gig, filled with days of doubt if I was really cut out for it. Turns out our Heavenly Father just wanted to show me that I cannot do this without His power. I am so thankful He did because I don’t ever want to be in a place where I don’t desperately need Him.I don’t want you to ever be in a place where you don’t desperately need Him, either. May He use whatever means necessary to keep you moving only by His strength, praising only Him with your mouth, and seeing Him in all things.I love you to the moon and back,Mama

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire