mercredi 31 juillet 2013

O My Organization another bout with bulk grains

I don’t want to just leave you hanging with a “Here’s how to fail at organization.” post as the kick off day to O My Organization week, so. I’m going to share a little tid-bit I am starting at my house that maybe I hope could possibly help maybe you or you or maybe you over there with the chai latte.I mentioned this before, but OBaby and I have oatmeal for breakfast together every weekday morning. It’s routine. It makes my life easier. We both like it.However, because it’s a daily thing, I find myself dirtying and washing the. same. three. dishes everyday. Pot, pyrex measuring cup (1.75 cups water), and the 1 cup scoop for the oats. The pot needs to be scrubbed down each time but that’s manageable and I usually rotate amongst our 3 sauce pans. The glass, well, I often put that right back away because, hello, it was just water that it touched. (What? Don’t look at me like that. You do it too.)But that darn metal scoop? I only have one of those and it’s painfully annoying to wash it by hand 4 days in a row. If only I could use it once for the entire week and not have to wash it every day…hmmm…::lightbulb::I decided that in the interest of saving my time and also some water, I am willing to sacrifice 4 sandwich bags.On Friday I took my 1 cup scoop and made 4 1 cup baggies of oatmeal, one for each day Mon-Thurs of next week. On Friday, I will do it again (reusing the same baggies, of course!).Tomorrow morning, instead of opening the dishwasher and the drawer in search of the scoop, I just open up the oatmeal container and find these pre-portioned bags happily waiting to be used:Organization Tip: As you go through your daily routines, consider if there are any (perhaps small) ways to make them more efficient.~~~~~~Update: I feel so dumbtastic about being all ‘O look! I came up with a good idea!’ about the baggies thing after reading what Ryley commented below:“OR buy a plastic measuring cup from the dollar store and leave it in there. It could be the OAT scoop!”Hello, WAY easier than pre-scooping and bagging once a week. ::facepalm::This? This is why I have you guys in my life. You’re great. And pretty.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire